Alternative V-day Playlist
Valentine’s Day is one of the most controversial holidays, seeming to divide the nation, depending often on their relationship status when February 14th hits.
Some cry ‘love doesn’t exist’ while others curl up with their significant others and embrace every Valentine’s cliché. Whether you’re bitter and alone, or moon-eyed and loved up, this playlist has something for every shade of love-struck, reflecting the diversity of forms love can take - from J Cole’s unexpected and vulnerable interlude about first love, to Jorja Smith’s rejection of teenage naïveté, to LCD Soundsystem’s anthemic celebration of friendship. Have a listen to my list of alternative V-day tunes to get you pumped for the corniest holiday of the year, hopefully in the least corny way possible...
1. All My Friends – LCD Soundsystem
2. YOU’RE THE ONE – KAYTRANANDA
3. Teenage Fantasy – Jorja Smith
4. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
5. Love$ick - Mura Masa feat. A$AP Rocky
6. Love Be Brave – Laura Marling
7. Just Like Heaven – The Cure
8. Late Nights & Heartbrek – Hannah Williams
9. She’s Mine Pt. 1 – J. Cole
10. Love to Love You Baby – Donna Summer
11. Love Is Only a Feeling – Joey Bada$$